How to Take Your Grillz Impression
Learn how to take the perfect impression using your at home Grillz Impression Kit for the first time.
Once you have placed your grillz order online we will send you out 1 x At Home Impression kit for you to complete. It is important to get the best impression of your teeth and gum lines so we can ensure the best fit for your grillz.
- Stopwatch to time the stages as it is essential to follow the times
- Mirror - to help make a good impression
- Please read all the steps and check the examples before you start.
- During the summer months ensure you do your impression in a cool location, heat can speed up putty setting time.
- There are many videos on Youtube - it is highly recommended that you have a look before attempting.
How to take your Impression
- Practice putting the tray in your mouth before starting the process. The tray will need to sit under your top & bottom lip, practice lifting your top lip out of the way.
- Put gloves on and mix the WHITE and BLUE putties together until it makes a uniform blue mixture. There should be no white streaks,
- Work quickly to do this - maximum 20 seconds.
- Roll the putty into a sausage and place it into the impression tray. Press the putty down lightly to create a flat surface.
- 15 seconds working time.
Once the 2 putties are mixed together it will start to go hard in 30-60 seconds.
- Looking in the mirror, open your mouth as wide as you can and align your teeth in the middle of the tray.
- Ensure there is plenty of putty towards the front of the edges of the tray and avoid your teeth scraping the front of the tray.
- Push the tray up or down slowly and as far as you can.
- Make sure you lift your lip up out of the way while pushing the tray straight up. We need an impression of your gums also not just your teeth.
- Hold your impression for 4 minutes. Do not talk or move the tray during this time. Doing so can ruin the impression.
- You can press the skin in between your top lip and your nose, this helps push the putty into the gums and give a good impression. Do this in the first minute.
- After 4 minutes gently pull the impression down to release it from the mouth.
- Rinse with cold water and let dry.
- Check your impression and send us a photo for confirmation before sending back.